Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Exciting things are afoot

We're getting things lined up for the new year. A new electronic newsletter is being developed. A new website (with a web master who hopefully has more time than I ever did). A marketing committee and a budget to work with. And a president who "gets" marketing.

Members of the club are starting to talk about this stuff. There's a new "new member" kit being developed. And there's an air of excitement about the club that I haven't seen since I started four years ago. Good stuff - I'm glad to be a part of it.

Of course, part of it is our visibility. We're on Rotary's web site. We're in the year in pictures video, with Kendra Jeffcoat on the cover and in the ad in the Rotarian selling the video. Mike Miller's in there too.

And we're in the paper a lot - I'll take some of the credit for that, with help from Carl Kruse, Nasrin Barbee and more people that could possibly be mentioned.

But it's not just the publicity or the visibility - it's a feeling like the club is being reborn. We went through a lull, and now it feels much better. I'm enjoying going to meetings again - I don't think I'm the only one, either.

No comments: