Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kids Attending Rotary

My daughter attended my Rotary meeting this morning. She's 12, and loves the attention of being the only child in the room.

She'd come once each month if I allowed it, but I think three times each year is sufficient. She gets to enjoy the meeting, has made some friends in the room, and gets good experience at working a room full of professional people.

She also participates when we build houses in Mexico. And she helped clean up the fire site in Escondido last month. She'll even be on the cover of the community newspaper next month in front of all the Rotarians who were working at the Sikes Adobe site.

Today she ws the mystery guest. She acts embarassed - hey, she's 12, let's not forget - but I believe she gets a kick out of it.

This kid will be a Rotarian when she's older. She's already talking about Interact and Rotoract, and I'm told she should explore RYLA when she's a junior in High School. I'll have to put it on my list of things to do.

Meanwhile she's amassing experience and building her resume. Good stuff.

No comments: