Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Who Am I?

Yesterday afternoon I learned I was going to do the WHO AM I at today's meeting. Normally this wouldn't be a concern (I'm always up for speaking about myself, and haven't been called "shy" in many years).

However, I was also scheduled to be the speaker today to tell the club about my business. So doing the WHO AM I seemed a bit redundant, if not out-and-out obnoxious.

Still, our Sergeant at Arms prevailed upon me to do the presentation. So I whipped up THE TOP 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ROB WEINBERG, which were as follows:

10) I grew up in NY, attended school in DC and lived in MA for 12 years

9) Moved from Boston in 2002, joining Rotary in 2004

8) Married 18 years with a 12-year old daughter and an adopted pooch

7) 27 year marketing pro with years of experience as principal of a Madison Avenue ad agency and running in-house agencies for client companies

6) MarketBuilding Team president, creating unique marketing solutions and profitable results and publishing free marketing newsletter since 1996

5) Frequent public speaker at PETS and Rotary clubs throughout southern California

4) Active in San Diego’s political, religious and business communities. I’m on the board of the Poway Center for Performing Arts and the San Diego North Chamber of Commerce

3) I’m the club’s publicity committee but no longer have anything to do with the web site.

2) I’ve published two books on marketing, and write a weekly marketing advice column entitled “Ask Mr. Marketing”

1) I sit next to Dick Kurtz so it appears like I have more hair than I actually do.

The presentation went over quite well. Dick was pleased to be number one!

No comments: