Tuesday, January 8, 2008

This morning's meeting

Today's meeting was a sad one as we said goodbye to Garth Miller - one of the founding members of the RB Sunrise Rotary.

Garth was treasurer for 12 years and one of those people everyone had nice things to say about in life, as well as afterwards. From what was said at the meeting, I will not be the only one who will miss him.

Our speaker today was Jim Flood of Personally Fit - appropriate given that we all partied way too much during the holidays. He spoke of fitness, dieting, and the like. Everyone resolved to do better this year - a promise that should last until the posting of this blog.

Then past president Carl Kruse and incoming president Kendra Jeffcoat and I agreed to go green for the PETS meeting in Los Angeles next month and we're going to all ride up together.

Along those lines, I also sent an outline of my presentation to Dr. Helene Kalfus so that the district board knows what I'll be talking about. Next I have to tweak my presentation to update it a bit.

Before that, though, I need to get organized for a speaking gig at the new club in La Jolla. I'll be there tomorrow night. Haven't spoken before a club in about a year - gotta work out the rust before I go to PETS.

And now...off to bed.

No comments: