Tuesday, December 11, 2007

always willing to jump into the fray

Went to the meeting this morning. 3 1/2 years int he club, and I still have trouble with these 7am meetings. YAWN!

Walked in, and Bill (the financial guy) is at the desk taking money and helping guests check in. But there's nobody selling tickets for the drawing. It's not a big deal - a dollar for one ticket, three tickets for $2. But there's nobody selling them.

Since we need to do whatever we can to raise money to put it back into the community, I jumped in and started selling tickets to the members who were already there, and those coming in the door. Again, no big deal, but whatever happened to the person who was assigned to do it today?

Anyway, we added another $30 or so to the coffers, so I guess it was a worthwhile effort. And then I got to take off my coat and find a seat.

No comments: