Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another July 1, another new president

As I approach my fifth anniversary with Rotary, I find myself marveling at the energy and commitment of club presidents and their spouses (or significant others). In addition to having a job or business to manager, these dedicated officers invariably have families, friends, social lives, and the like.

Yet here they are, willing to set it all aside for two years of training and a year at the helm, all in the name of doing good things for the community around them. They attend endless meetings, setting a structure in place to keep their club members involved and entertained, raising money, raising awareness, and raising connections.

I know I would never have the patience, commitment, and tenacity to do what they do. I am truly in awe of such people, and appreciate having them available to do what I cannot.

No comments: